Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Eagles and Eaglets Fly Away


We went to the nest yesterday but did........



not see Spunky the hawk again. Also there was only one eagle sitting out on the point again. I did not see any of the eaglets or hear them either. The nest was empty except for the little birds that fly around the base of it.These are the last pictures of the eagles and the eaglets I got several days ago now. They flew up really high and the hawk could have been up there also but it was too hard to tell. That is the last picture at the top here of the little hawk on my photo files other than the one of him on a tree far down the bay.



This is how high up in the air they were, they were just little dots.




I made a slideshow page album of the eaglet and eagles as they fly away. As they are animations Blogger/Google will not let me embed them here but they are fun to look at if you want to click the link to my album page. The photos are terrible as my camera lens does not extend that far.
Slideshow link Album


Also here are some different slideshows that I made on my editor and put on YouTube:












This post is for Sky Watch Friday.
I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow makes me dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cloudia, yes I dream of the hawk now! Last night I dreamed of him all night long!

      Delete
  2. All departed to find territories and mates of their own no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, beautiful captures of the eaglets. It is kind of sad to see them leave the nest. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for these wonderful comments. I read each of them and I am very thankful to have you visit my site. I really am grateful to the bloggers who have stuck with me over many years now. I thank you for joining me on my journey into blogland and I will never forget the kind comments you have given to me

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS