Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Friday, August 18, 2017

The Week In Paradise


The week in review today. First we found some butterflies out in a farmers field........



One is a Painted lady above and the other one below is an Orange Sulphur male. The Orange Sulphur is rare in our area.



Then I went through my husbands photos from last month and found some of Spunky the famous Hawk and also the parent eagles at the nest in Sidney. He has a lot of photos I must go through.


I am including some videos of the little hawk who grew up in the eagles nest in Sidney at the end of the blog.


Also Ron's photo of the hawk we found over at my son's house.


Then we went to the Osprey nest in Sidney and the youngsters are very active and all can fly now. I missed most of their season because I was so obsessed with the little hawk in the eagle nest.






Then we went downtown and saw the Empress and we went to the Fisherman's wharf also.



When we were coming home from downtown we saw some deer in someones yard destroying all the garden plants!


Then we also went to Butchart Gardens and saw the roses which are really pretty right now.


And we took the dog to Aylard Farm which is part of East Sooke Park.



It was a very busy week and I need a sunset to rest with now!




And the bird of the week was the Marbled Godwit down at Esquimalt Lagoon. I hope you enjoyed the weekly review! Please come back, I try to post twice a week.


Video Section













I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also.

Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.  This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
Sky Watch Friday  Thank you to the Sky Watch Team
Floral Friday Fotos Thank you to Nick V
The Weekend in Black White  Thank you to Dragonstar
Weekend Reflections Thank you to James
Saturday's Critters  Thank you to Eileen
The Bird D'Pot  Sunday Thank you Hootin' Anni


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.




22 comments:

  1. Thank you for this glimpse into paradise, Nora. God knows I needed it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi, thanks for coming and making my day! I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful butterflies.I ca only imagine how beautiful the roses must be at Butchart Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ruth for always commenting here. I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photo of the Ospreys! And I love the peaceful silhouettes of trees above the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for coming and making my day and thanks so much for picking my photo for Black and White weekend! I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks for coming and making my day! I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  5. Hello, the butterflies are beautiful. I love the Orange Sulphur. The Hawk and eagles are always a cool sighting. The Marbled Godwit is a favorite, I do not see them often. I love the deer but not nice that they eat people flowers and plants. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, you always take the time to give such a lovely comment. thanks for coming and making my day! I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  6. Great images of the eagles and hawk and I lloved all the vieos and seeing Victoria hArbour. Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, I love your recent photos on your blog. thanks for coming and making my day! I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. thanks for coming and making my day! I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  8. Love the butterfly pics, and the hawk ones too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for coming and making my day! I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  9. You are so busy! so many beautiful photos Nora!
    The videos are fantastic! "Grand Old Osprey!" Not only talented, you are also very witty.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think only a few of us got the title! thanks for coming and making my day! I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  10. Birds and buskers and Butchart Gardens...I love it...but the beautiful inner harbour...I've always loved it, but it was long, long ago. Next time I convince my husband to take me home to BC for a visit, I'm going to insist on taking the ferry to Victoria.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the ferry ride is an adventure! thanks for coming and making my day! I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  11. Paradise indeed! What a wonderful week -- amazing pictures -- thank you so much for sharing the joy (and I'm so glad you had a happy week).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, your comments are always so kind. thanks for coming and making my day! I hope all is well for you. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS