Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Weekly Photo Review




Here I am with the Weekly Photo Review.  This week we .....

were so busy! The weather is so hot and wonderful here now we are out taking our photos each day so it is hard to get time to do my work on the blog, YouTube Channel and Facebook Page. So when I am not on my page and channel you know that I am probably just out in the field getting more photos and video.


We went up to the local lake nearby and saw the sunset at the Rowing Club.

We went back to our favorite farm fields to see the butterflies and dragonflies.




These are the farm fields that I like so much. I could spend my life there and there is so much wildlife and birds at these places.


The fields are planted and the sprinklers are running! These fields are so perfect and beautiful to me.


This is my happy place right now.



Then we went to Island View Beach and there were some birds there and an eagle also! Wow most of the eagles are up in the rivers but some are coming back to their nests now.





We look for butterflies in the fields by the beach also.


We only found skippers.


I will put the skippers in for Wednesday's blog as this blog is too picture heavy already.








The dog had a good time at the beach and fields.


I will also add a few photos of Butchart Gardens as we go there each week for the scones in the tiny garden cafe. They make the best scones.



I needed another black and white so this is the beach at Alyard Farm in East Sooke Park to finish up.



 Hope you enjoyed this week in photos! I am late in posting as I have been working on a new video editor and a lot of video for the Island Rambles YouTube channel.  My Island Rambles Facebook page is really nice please come and join us and follow me, I have around 550 followers and I try to post daily over there. Please like my page and join in the comments over there.



Video Section: check out my videos at my Island Rambles YouTube, I have around 300 videos and please subscribe. I post videos almost every day. I have suddenly added 479 subscribers! Please join us over there.









I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also.

Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.  This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
Sky Watch Friday  Thank you to the Sky Watch Team
Floral Friday Fotos Thank you to Nick V
The Weekend in Black White  Thank you to Dragonstar
Weekend Reflections Thank you to James
Saturday's Critters  Thank you to Eileen


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.




27 comments:

  1. Hello, Nora! Your sunset and sky images are just stunning. I love the beautiful butterflies and the birds. Cool captures of the dragonflies. Lovely post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen, it has been a marathon for me this summer to still do all the work I do online as well as include the people who wanted to see the hawk story. Starting to settle down now. I can get back to reading your blogs now.

      Delete
  2. Looking into a peaceful and hopeful world...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandi, it is peaceful here, everyone should come, oh then it would not be peaceful I guess!

      Delete
  3. Your photos are always so beautiful. Love seeing the eagles. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, my first love was the eagles. Years ago I started watching the eagle cams and then discovered computers and then the camera and that was that. I could then create the world I wanted to create.

      Delete
  4. A fun time all around. I love scones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jenn if you go the Butchart Gardens please have a scone, they are the best in the world. Two kinds also.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful scenes. WOW! A weekly visit to Butchart Gardens! That would be wonderful. I have only been there once, many years ago,I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth, gosh I just realized that I have not been on my own blog and responded to comments for two month. I was overwhelmed with the people who wanted the hawk story. Now I will go back to my little world here.

      Delete
  6. These are beautiful! Congrats on having last week's image selected for Black and White Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda yes I was so honored to have my photo chosen as one of the favs on Black and White Weekend. How great is that! I am so happy.

      Delete
  7. Joyously delightful captures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photos! I love your black and white sunset - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful photographs .....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning set of photos, the sunsets and sky images are breathtaking, very much enjoyed your post.
    Take care, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - great photos. What lovely places you go - love the bird on the thistle. Haven't our days been just fabulous? I adore this time of the year and spend as much time outdoors as possible. Happy week ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful set of photos. The skies are delightful but your photos of the wildlife are tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for these wonderful comments. I truly appreciate each comment and am so grateful to have such faithful blog friends who have stuck with me over the summer when I was in the field and did not appear on their sites much. I appreciate every comment you have given to this site over the years and I thank you all for joining me on my journey into blog land.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS