Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Imagine A Hawk World



Today I am remembering an Incredible summer as it soon will be over.

I am remembering the hawk Spunky and the eagles of Sidney and how much I enjoyed spending time with them.






We also visited the Northwest Raptor Centre in Duncan this summer. It is an Impressive place.









And we have been going to Island View Beach as it is extremely hot here.




I think a lot about the Indigenous People here and their art and culture and how incredible it is.





I imagine a hawk world like John Lennon did in his song Imagine. Imagine a hawk and eagle world where we can all just live as one people just like the eagles and the baby hawk. They say I am a dreamer also but I guess I am not the only one...I was just reading that Yoko Ono has been awarded credit with John as songwriter on that song. Her poetry books inspired it. I hope you will join us at my Facebook Page and my Facebook home page I think we are all dreamers there.

We are at the letter "i" this week so those are my "I"s.












I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page where I post every day and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also. I post a video every day on my Island Rambles YouTube Channel also.

Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:


Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team, Lady Fi
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Melody





HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

15 comments:

  1. I want to come back as a bird cuz I think it'd be amazing to fly and soar over the oceans and forests!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creature.. as I said already before many times... I can't imagine really who wonderful it must be to live to close to them in the wild.


    Have a splendid, ♥-warming ABC-Wednes-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/21-i/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, beautiful captures of the eagles and the Hawks. I love the Totem poles, they are lovely art. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Majestic shots that speak of a majestic world.
    Ciao Nora, un abbraccio dall'Italia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like your raptors
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your wonderful photos, - I was anxious to see how the hawk did in the eagles nest...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, I will try to come to see your sites as soon as I get the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible summer images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always amazed when I see the close-ups of these birds - you can just tell how strong they are - wow! I wouldn't want to be caught in those talons! And I loved your totem pictures - the colors are so vibrant and it is fascinating how they incorporate nature into all of the totems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope I can visit Vancouver Island again...it is so beautiful. I want very much to see 'your' birds, and to see the work of the island's indigenous people. I might get to Vancouver Island, but I rather doubt I'll get to those wonderful islands: Haida Gwaii — I've wanted to visit them since I was young and they were called "the Queen Charlottes"! My parents lived on The Island, in Fanny Bay, north of Courteney, for several years before we had to take them back to the mainland due to their dwindling capacities. It was so sad. But, until then, I'd been able to leave eastern Alberta to visit them sometimes, and I loved that scenic part of The Island. I've been as far east as Port Alberni, which isn't far enough. I've yet to see the crashing waves and the beautiful wilderness of the island's eastern coast. However, I think part of my heart is always there, hidden somewhere been Tofino and Ucluelet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed listening to John Lennon again. I too can imagine a world where everyone gets along just like your hawk and the eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was an amazing story for one little hawk and his legions of fans and for Nora who brought his story to all of us...Thank you...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos of the scenery you got to see. If I had the chance to see the hawks, I'm sure I'd have to be dragged away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such interesting choices for I - and such wonderful photos you've shared.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for these wonderful comments. I wish I had the time right now to respond to each of you. I have found many of you on Facebook and sometimes I read your blogs and am too tired to write a comment. I hope to be able to have some energy soon and be able to go to your blogs. I will try to write a link list for your blogs to link from my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS