Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

September Weekly Photo Wrap up




More photos from the Northwest Raptor Center in Duncan, B.C.





Photos from Pedder Bay.






Island View Beach.



More photos from out in the islands.







And photos of the butterflies we get in the farm fields in Sidney, B.C.




I hope you have a wonderful weekend and stay safe. Thoughts and prayers for those in Florida. There will be a telethon on this Tuesday for Houston. I sure hope the weather calms down and the strange thing is we need rain here and in the Northern USA for the fires. Our sky has turned white and the sun has turned red from the smoke. 



I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page  where I post daily and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also. I post a video each day on my Island Rambles YouTube Channel also.

Videos: I am finishing up my project on the hawk in Sidney.
I will be finished soon.








Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.  This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
Sky Watch Friday  Thank you to the Sky Watch Team
The Weekend in Black White  Thank you to Dragonstar
Weekend Reflections Thank you to James
Saturday's Critters  Thank you to Eileen
The Bird D'Pot  Sunday Thank you Hootin' Anni
MacroMonday 2 Thank you to Gemma Magical Mystical Teacher

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.




23 comments:

  1. Amazing shots, Nora! And that big red sun setting is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting images. Love the Raptors
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your setting sun images are WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the bird photos. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a handsome raptor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing raptor shots, and I love all the sunset shots... one stunning photo after another!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos from the Raptor Center - those faces are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots. Fine looking raptors, especially the owl. Also like the butterfly shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice captures.

    Frankly My Dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for these kind comments. I hope to be able to return them at your site as soon as I get the time and the energy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I hope you get your rain. To the south, what a mess.
    Take care of that back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello NOra, these are all amazing photos. Beautiful birds and butterflies. The sky shots are lovely too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Love the seal! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots of terrific birds - and the views are spectacular - love a good sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the beautiful sun on the water images...so serene, so gorgeous.
    And your hawk and raptor reports/videos...excellent Nora.

    Thanks so much for sharing this post with us all at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week. Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyable post. Loved the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your reflections are awesome and I love the owl shot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seeing birds of prey up close is a real treat - and I really like that seal as well!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are so many of these pictures that I love that I can't list them all - I really like pictures with reflections in the water. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for these wonderful comments. I appreciate them so much. I know it takes time to write out the comments so I really thank you for that. I am glad you like my pictures. You have made me so happy with your comments and support. I am slowing down but hope to visit all your sites soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS