Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Slowly Getting Around

 Hello, I am slowly getting around to your blogs.  It will take me a while as I have come down with a cold and an infection.  Just wanted to let you know that I saw your comments and loved them and will show up at your blog as soon as I can.  It is really really nice to see all your blogs and can't wait to read them. I am so lucky to have this group of bloggers.




I took these photos with a Panasonic GH3.  I returned it and got a different one, but now I think it was one of the best cameras. It was so easy to use and had so many features.  I had trouble with the viewfinder so I got the GH4.  They removed all the features that I liked on the GH3 on the 4.  Still it is a good camera.

This post is for Today's Flowers

14 comments:

  1. HI Nora Sorry to hear you area bit under the weather. That is a beautiful butterfly and shot

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day they'll make the perfect camera, until then lets just concentrate on pointing it the right way and pressing the little button at the right time! You've certainly achieved both of those things with the photos of the Swallowtail butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first started a blog I never for one moment thought that it would lead to friendships but that is exactly what has happened. I have been fortunate to meet up with a few bloggers (lots of people visit London) but I also feel the friendship coming across in the comments I receive. We may not be able to meet up for a coffee but you know where we are and how to reach us. We all understand how it is not always possible to reply to our comments but that doesn't matter. Just do your best to keep in touch with the posts. I have thought about your often since you went offline just so pleased you have the energy to take up the blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of the butterfly. I hope you'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning, Nora! Never worry about visiting our blogs. Just concentrate on wringing all the joy possible out of each day. We'll be here if you want to drop by and say hello.

    Love your butterfly!

    Wally From Drizzly Wet Florida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots of the butterfly. I hope you are feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there and welcome back! Hope the all things are back on track! Look forward to more posts!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nora, I hope you will feel better soon. I am glad you joined this week because your photos are lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such beautiful captures! love the butterfly.
    hope you are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cameras can be frustrating, I got a new camera and hoped it would be great but am disappointed, but still I can get some good shots with it. I hope you feel better soon, Hugs from the PNW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these photographs and I hope you enjoy your camera. It always takes me a while to get used to a new one. I am sorry to hear you have been sick. These infections seem to be taking longer to clear. I had one back in the summer, so I truly sympathize. Hope you feel better soon :) Thank you for sharing with Today's Flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello and thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS