Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Friday, December 05, 2014

Still Sick Weekend



Yep I am still sick.  Gotta cold and flu bug.  So I am in the mood to just put in pictures and I have no text as I have a high fever and who knows what I would put in for text....you would think I was intoxicated!!!  I am glad you can not catch this bug or virus from my blog!



I took this picture at Beacon Hill Park, a while ago.  Since that time something happened to the ducks.  Some were found frozen in the ice.  They are sending them to be analysed to see the cause of death.  People feed them there.  There is the avian flu thingy.  I am not sure what caused this sudden and very sad event. Any ideas?

This picture is from Campbell River where we camp in the summer.
A horse from the fair.  Hope you all have a better weekend than me and my cold.  cheers, Nora

******************************************

Thank you to each of these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.
Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.

Sky Watch Friday
Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections
Todays Flowers
Weekly Top Shot
Blue Monday




  To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.

Also check out my Leukemia Labyrinth

17 comments:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery. As the saying goes in December, "Tis the season to be sick!" Remember to keep hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pic of the duck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Nora Sorry to hear about you not feeling your best at present however i hope it will pass VERY soon. I am sorry to hear about the death of the ducks. that is is bit of a worry for wildlife.. Beautiful sunset. Have a lovely weekend or as best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the duck and the pretty horse.. The sky and sunset shots are lovely.. I hope you feel better soon! Take care, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get over this cold quickly.

    I heard on the news about the avian flu affecting chicken farms. Very scary that the wild ducks might have been sick with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure don't need a cold and flu bug. May it disappear quickly! Do you have help at home?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture of Campbell river. Wrap up, drink up and just keep on posting. Hope you begin to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are soon on the mend, always enjoy seeing your beautiful photos


    my blog moved to www.pearlmaple.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both the duck and the horse. I'm sorry to hear that the flu is still bothering you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colorful shots. I'm sorry you're still sick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's several days later now and I hope you are feeling better. I HATE getting sick!
    Really nice photos! I LOVE the look on the horse's face...

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful reflection !
    hoping health is returning...

    Prairie Canadian,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you better yet, Nora?! Hubby's cat is still snorting like Darth Vader!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better by now and wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for these comments.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS