Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, January 08, 2015

A Sky Watching Life



Sky watching at the lake near where I live.  Just happened upon some good reflections lately at Beaver Lake.


This was taken at the same lake in the fall.




This one was taken at Esquimalt Lagoon the other day.  I can't remember where I took the next one, it looks like Cattle Point.




We had two Tundra Swan out at Hatley Park and I got some good shots. Everything is more beautiful lately.  I am seeing it all through the camera lens.


Kings Pond always gives me this golden color from the Willow trees. I love all the colors.



 I always am fascinated with Coots.  They have such big feet.


This is another one of Beaver Lake, we were just walking my son's dog and saw these reflections.


Out in Sidney the farm fields were full of old sunflowers. It was like walking into a van Gogh painting.  The whole world is like some magnificent painting.  I think I will try Floral Friday Fotos as my other flower meme ended.


I found a momma deer and her babies out at Hatley Park.  She was hiding them on this rocky ledge to sleep in the afternoon. I think she was very smart.


I finally found myself over at Eileen's Saturday's Critters! That is a great meme to do.
Thank you to each of these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.
Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Saturday's Critters
Sky Watch Friday
Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections
Floral Friday Fotos
Weekly Top Shot
Blue Monday




  To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.

Also check out my Leukemia Labyrinth

MY ALBUM IS PUBIC NOW ISLAND RAMBLES






32 comments:

  1. Some great skies and reflections. I watched a Coot walking on the ice recently - very ungainly and rather funny; those big feet were no help at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was so shocked when I saw the size of the feet!

      Delete
  2. Every shots is so different and special. the reflections are wonderful. I love the fall trees in the second shot best,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. These trees were yellow quite late in the year.

      Delete
  3. Lovely reflections and beautiful sky captures.. Have a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! Nice to share some new photos.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I can't believe I haven't been to your blog before. You take wonderful pictures of all things I love. I love this post and also went through your Owl post ... because I work with owls and raptors at what was a rehab center but is now just for education birds. We have had a Barn Owl and we currently have a Barred Owl (shame on that little boy for eating your bird ... though I am sure he was thinking it was a matter of survival:) A Great Horned Owl, A Screech Owl (red morph) and an American Kestrel (who is in my bedroom as we speak because it has been too cold to keep him in his mew). I love all of it and know I am going to enjoy your blog now that I have found you. Thank yo for coming over to my blog and for your nice comment.

    Andrea @ A From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea, I really love your blog and glad we connected up!

      Delete
  5. Oh Dear. I see that Todays Flowers Meme is over. Denise did such a great job on that meme. Does anyone know another Flower meme as no one has taken over Todays Flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful last reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all those reflections. Really like those ones taken at Beaver Lake. Nice captures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous photos!!! I've never seen a Coot before so now I'm going to google their feet size. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely series of photos with beautiful reflections and pretty skies. Your last shot of the protective mama deer and her fawn was really special, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post!
    My post at: https://hanshb.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The reflections are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! What an amazing set of nature photos. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a beautiful serie ! There so much light in your pics... I'm very fond of the one taken in the forest, I find the symetrics of the reflection so impressive...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos just have me wanting to see it all in person. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A delightful series of captures Nora. My favourite is the ducks on Kings (Golden) Pond - such a rich capture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful scenes - love the reflections! And your bird photos - great!
    Hope you have a wonderful week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful selection of photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - how gorgeous! I really like the reflections in the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice photos! I especially like your second one. Fantastic reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful photos, Nora! I love the reflections and the autumn colours and the deer are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great grouping of beautiful photos Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Nora, lovely series of images.. The swans, ducks and coots are great sightings. And I love the cute deer. The reflections are beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Nora, I had not realised that you were back blogging. I take it that it is safe to take you off my prayer list?If you still need them, I'll keep you on it. Loe seeing your photos from the island.

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful reflection images.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these photos. The reflections are so beautiful. I noticed some wonderful iridescence in the 4th photo. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful post!
    Many thanks for taking part in Floral Friday Fotos, hope to see your entry this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gosh this is a lot of nice comments......thanks sooooooooo very much!!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS