Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Weekend Meme Delights


Just a weekend mix of memes and photos.  The one above will be good for Weekend Reflections and also for Mandarin Orange Monday.  It was taken at Beacon Hill Park and the leaves of the tree behind reflected on the water very nicely. The photo below was also taken at the same park and is a good photo for Mellow Yellow Monday.





I also found some great reflections at Beacon Hill Park.  This is one of the trees reflecting in the pond below.  We were there looking for a rare bird that we never found, and I was happy to get these shots anyway.  These are all photos I got when I was looking for something else.  I guess that is what life is all about. To let go of what is expected and accept what nature gives to you.



 You can see the apartment reflecting below with all the ducks on the pond.  They feed the ducks there at Beacon Hill.



I have been looking at all the memes they have now.  I made a list on one of my tab pages above. When I started blogging I was too frightened to play any meme games! I had no idea what they were. Now I love them!  Now I do too many. I am trying out some new ones also.


We were walking on Observatory Hill and looking for another rare bird that I only got a glimpse of, but I did see these wonderful deer in the forest on the snow.  The deer stayed with me for a long time and were not afraid. I was alone in the snow with the deer and my camera.  I love that feeling when you are accepted by nature. I think that is all I want in life. I would rather be with nature that in a crowded mall. This photo will be good for the critter memes.



The swan above is done in Sepia.  It is from Albert Head. It is one of the babies.



The Tundra Swan above is for Black and White Weekend. It is from the Hatley Park pond.



The Trumpeter Swans flying above me are for Sky Watch.



All these photos are for Sky Watch one of the long time memes. This is Sooke basin above.


 I think this might be Esquimalt Lagoon above.  Memory lapse.



The trees are probably out at Goldstream park and below this looks like Cattle Point.  These are all the places to go to look for birds.  I sometimes do not find the birds but I always find nature.  I love nature.


Most of these pictures were taken with a small Panasonic FZ200 or a Panasonic GH4. Two great cameras to get as they are very light.

Thank you to each of these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.
Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.  I just listed a whole bunch of memes.  I always forget to go to most of them.


Scenic Weekend
The Weekend in Black White
Sky Watch Friday
Saturday's Critters
Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections
Scavenger Hunt Sunday
Weekly Top Shot
Blue Monday
Monday Mellow Yellow
Mandarin Orange Monday





  To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.

Also check out my Leukemia Labyrinth

MY ALBUM IS PUBIC NOW ISLAND RAMBLES

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flurry of leafy golds. The tundra swan looks so serene in his water world. And adore the cloud formations and colours in the beach scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wealth of beautiful scenes, golden trees, water and sky with animals and birds thrown in. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ! Thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such amazing photography. I love Beacon Hill Park and where you captured some of the photos, I recognized them. Love the mellow yellow and all the images. Thanks for stopping by my painting blog! Means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for trying so many memes. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful collection of photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow - superb shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing artistry Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great image of the swans flying they always look like they shouldn't be able to get of the ground but they are actually very graceful

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A marvellous series of shots Nora. I especially like the tree reflections from Beacon Hill Park and thank you for reminding me of a greatly blessed exchange holiday experience on Vancouver Island this time last year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww ducks and swans. lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely series of photos...lovely sepia swan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the blue ducks! And agree with the idea of being accepted by nature. What more can one want?
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful swan in b&w!
    My post at: https://hanshb.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The swan looks so good in black and white, set against such a dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the ducks and swans and the pretty deer! Lovely reflection captures and the sky shots are beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your picture are so refreshing... I feel like I just took a walk outside just by looking at them, it is so pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great shots, thanks for sharing. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely! Wonderful series of nature ~ my favorite are the deer and ducks ~ all very beautiful though!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful series of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely photos, Nora! The deer are beautiful and the swans as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely pictures and a great post

    ReplyDelete
  24. stunning shots! what exquisite landscapes from which you have to choose. my favorite is the one of the beautiful blue ducks. do you know what kind they are?

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are also so beautiful. I like the idea of memes, but I haven't participated in any yet. I agree with you about preferring to be in nature than anywhere else. Yes. It's a beautiful planet we live on.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gosh thanks so much for all these fine comments. It will take me a while to get to see you all. hugs n

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is a lot of memes. I do maybe two or three a week, but I do enjoy them and meeting lots of interesting people from around the world. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous reflections, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Every picture is perfect. I love memes ... And at first just like you they scared me. If not for them I would still only have two people looking at my blog ;)))!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have certainly come a long way with your meme participation--I think we all were a bit intimidated at first! Your photos and edits are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful assortment Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  32. thank you for coming and talking to me here....I try to get to each of your sites. It takes me a while. I truly read each comment and and so thankful and grateful that I have met each of you even if it is just on our blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS