Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Weekend in Memes

A collage of Butchart Garden's fall colors last fall.  For Mosaic Monday and Today's Flowers.  I am doing all memes for the weekend. I love the memes.





For the Critter Memes two baby otters playing at Goldstream and two horses in the fog in Sidney.  The otters ran out in front of me as I was walking down a trail.  Luckily I had the camera ready.



We drive by these horses and see what they are up to sometimes.


This is Timmy below trying to eat her new yellow toy.  These are for Mellow Yellow Monday.


Birds in the backyard on the little yellow table that I put water or food on.



Blue, Blue Sky and an eagle below.  We need some blue sky, all we get lately is rain.  For Blue Monday.


Macro Monday is a dandelion in seed and a leaf of some pretty plant in a garden somewhere.



For Black and White Weekend, Scenic Weekend and Weekend Reflection and Sky Watch, some dark black/whites of a place out in Sooke.




I am having trouble with placing comments on some of the Google+ blogs.
I will try harder to figure them out. If you comment here, I will always try to find your blog and sign in to comment somehow.
If I can't comment just know that I spend time reading your blog and admiring it.  Thanks so much for all your lovely comments, each comment is really appreciated!


I also have a little new tablet now and I seem to have left duplicate comments once in a while. So sorry. I have this under control now I think.
;-)

**************************************************
Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos  The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers   Macro Monday2 Blue Monday  Mosaic Monday   Mellow Yellow Monday
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



25 comments:

  1. Positively gorgeous....as we sit here with mountains of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set of pictures.I'm glad someone likes doing the meds,I don't care to get involved with them.I do,however enjoy your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics of the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the horses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful light and skies. Lovely black and whites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable critter pictures, as are all your other photos and I love the flowers :) Thank you so much for sharing your post with Today's Flowers, really appreciate that. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, the view from your world is so beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos and thank you so much for sharing with Today's Flowers. I thought I had already left a message but must have been dreaming :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great series. I especially like your collage of the gardens. Beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what great animal photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a beautiful set of images. I like the horses and the otters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely series!
    My favourites are the cat and the birds... so sunny with the yellow.
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  13. All amazing images Nora, clever you combining them in one post!
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Came from Camera Critters & glad to find your blog. Wonderful shots of the otters & horses! The colours of fall in Butchart Gardens is spectacular!
    Happy weekend
    Your newest follower
    Christineandhercamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, beautiful images, lovely flowers. The birds, horses and the otters are all great critters. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    Oh, I do love that blue sky! Thanks for sharing.

    Have a Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a bonus we get with your blog...so many memes and incredible photographs. I love Vancouver Island...not so far from my San Francisco home though, since my forced retirement from nursing because of budget cuts to Public Health, I am spending half of each year in India!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much to admire here today, but I thinking the playful horses are the tops for me today!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi NOra -- as always I love all your pictures; Butchart Gardens is the most wonderful place, I would really love to go back. But it is the fact that baby otters ran into your path at that other park that absolutely astounds me! That is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i like the monochrome photos you've got here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Outstanding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos as usual! I love the otters and the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the little birds on their yellow table and a stunning macro of the dandelion seed.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS