Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Old and New Photo Mix


Today a mix of old and new photos.

We are doing all the birds with the letter "O" for Mrs. Nesbitt and the ABC Wednesday Team and for Stewart at Wild Birds Wednesday.
The owl photo above was taken a few years ago at a Raptor Show.
The Pygmy Owl below was taken at Observatory Hill.


This is an Orange-crowned Warbler below for Michelle at Nature Notes Tuesday.

So here we have the Osprey.  One is out at Brentwood and the other one is in Cowichan.  These are for Our World Tuesday.


They like to build their nest on the light stands.


And just because I can, I will put in some whales in the Ocean.

 For Water World Wednesday.
 For Wednesday Waters.

Here is my favorite underwater character, the octopus.


Here I have a little otter eating his lunch out at Aylard Farms for Outdoors Wednesday.



Ogden Point breakwater reflecting First Nation's art.  This is the Ogden Point Eagle who is always there to welcome in the cruise ships.  He is on a tall light stand.  Perhaps he is from Beacon Hill Park.  He is for Anni at the Bird D'Pot.


A very old, old First Nations carving from the museum taken with my old, old first camera a long time ago. For Black and White Wednesday.

I put in my posts for a few days as I have very bad eyes.
Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.
The Bird D'pot Nature Notes Tuesday   Our World Tuesday    Wild Bird Wednesday ABC Wednesday  Outdoors Wednesday  Black and White Wednesday  Water World Wednesday  Wednesday Waters Mosaic Monday.

A Baby Owl Collage for you today for Mosaic Monday.



To continue reading my posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

40 comments:

  1. A great series of photos but I think the baby owls are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series of images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great series of pictures to have taken and to have compiled for today's post. Ospreys occur over here but are very rare breeding birds still despite the efforts of conservationists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby owls are so cute! The octobus would be exciting to meet... Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful photographs and that gorgeous collage of the end of the post of the baby Owls is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love... love the Owls, and all other shares too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, awesome photos of the owls, birds and whales. Great series and post. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed all. Loved your 'today's' collage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, a wonderful collection of the most interesting photos. Thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice shot of the owl! I like all your sea creature pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful series of images.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great wildlife collection

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful range of wildlife in these photos. Adore the eyes of the owl. And the whale antics in the water are great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An excellent set of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do a great job of getting all the right pictures for these memes.I personally don't do memes but do enjoy how you do them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderful photos! I just love seeing those baby owls.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely selection of beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The baby owls are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh - those baby owls are so darn cute.
    Great photographs!
    Have a Happy Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great series of photos! Baby owls are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The baby owls are cute, but I really like the darling Pygmy Owl looking back over his shoulder. I hope your eyes do better soon, Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely wildlife series.I think my favourite is the otter,they are so sleek and beautiful. You certainly live in an interesting place.
    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog!

    Enjoy your week,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great set of pictures Nora. Looking through them kept me Occupied for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow what a great shots......
    Amazing.
    Have a nice day Jen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a fabulous collection of great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such lovely images of God's own creatures at their best,
    I too love the baby owls, so cute.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful habitat with us.
    i do hope some solution can be found to help improve
    your vision.

    best wishes,
    Di.
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eyes of the owl are really scary.Great pics.Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, what an impressive post for lots of O's ...
    Your photo's are very nice, loved to watch them


    Have a nice abc-wednesday-day / – week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your post was like visiting the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Everything....EVERYthing is so perfect. Wow. You've managed to share some real beautiful images. I can't chose a favorite today....LOVE 'em all.

    Again, I'm in my personal blog admin, Hootin' Anni's, but I wanted to stop by and visit to view your bird shares...thanks for linking in this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'. Your participating is always so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Nora... lovely selection of Mother Nature this week. I saw a program on the intelligence of octopus. They can solve problems. It is a shame that they have a very short lifespan ..... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  32. A great series but my favourites would have to be the first and last photos.

    ReplyDelete
  33. your first pic is a hOOt!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! Each one of these photos is truly beautiful. A whole page of them takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely assortment of birds and critters!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Only One thing to say about your series of images: Outstanding!

    Thank you for sharing such beauty! Hope your weekend is filled with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  37. powerful eyes of the owl.
    Nice set of critters :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. A fabulous collection of photos! I love the first photo. Those eyes are amazing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Owls, bird, whales! All my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS