Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Weekend Photo Time




For Sky Watch Friday a rainbow over Martindale flats.



For the Weekend In Black and White, back-lit swans out at Pat Bay.


For Weekend Reflections more Trumpeter Swans in the flooded farm fields at Martindale flats. This area has been a wonderful birding area this winter. We are seeing all kinds of rare birds there and now they have found two Pink-footed geese there.

For Saturday's Critters guess what Swans again!  We have had a lot of Swans here this year. I like watching the families with their young ones.  This same area has some Short-eared Owls, Eagles and Harriers.


For Pink Saturday flowers from last fall.  See the links below to enjoy other postings for more photos.


For Macro Monday 2, a hummingbird outside my deck.  I put a branch there by the feeder because I tired of seeing him on the rope I have there.  He is a very bad hummer and does not like to share the feeder with his friends.  He is a bully and protects his food fiercely.

Free or Fun Stuff:
Free Microsoft Give Away eBooks
New Way To Share YouTube (Canada)
Free Grammar Checker

Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Sky Watch Friday
The Weekend in Black White
Weekend Reflections 
Saturday's Critters
Pink Saturday
Macro Monday2

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



24 comments:

  1. Love seeing those swans! What a treat that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favourite photo is the black and white swans but also very impressed with the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that hummingbirds can be very territorial and bossy, even though they look delicate. I never get more than one at a time in the summer so I wouldn't know:)Lovely photo of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that rainbow is just gorgeous. you were in the right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating pictures. Good ideate put a stick close to the feeder for the Hummer to sit on.I must try that this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice seeing the Dahlias! Nice to see you posting again. I need to get back into blogging soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always ready for a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those swans! Gorgeous silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always love seeing your world. That rainbow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing swans in colors and b&w! Love their dance, like a ballet... ;) Many thanks for all the lovely images! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I love the swans and the pretty hummer. The rainbow is a beautiful sight, always a treat. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rainbow is so vibrant...spectacular! And I love seeing the swans! Wonderful photos to enjoy this weekend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shots! The rainbow is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Nora, what a great way to start ... with a rainbow!! Wow, it's gorgeous. All your swans are so beautiful, aren't they a graceful creature - I can watch them all day (we get the black swans down in our Lakes district).
    I looked up some stats and a map of your beautiful Island - you certainly live in a wonderful spot in the world. Cheers now, and always great to see your posts pop up! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely rainbow photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful series of photos. What a beautiful hummingbird!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those swans - but can't help but wonder when I will see my next humming bird.

    Sorry about slow reply - I have been in New Zealand and blogging has taken a bit of a back seat.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your climate is so different!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A perfect rainbow -- I know it will bring you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great photos! Oh yeah, hummingbirds are very possessive. We have major air battles between them around our feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for all the kind comments here. I have gone to each of your sites to thank you. I really appreciate how many bloggers came back to me after being away from blogging for so long.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS