Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

For A Friend Arija

For a dear friend in blogging land.  For you Arija.  I will miss your wonderful blog and your kind and warm comments to me.  You were one of the first bloggers that I met even though you were across the world. I know I am not the only one who will miss you.

Michelle at  Ramblingwoods, Nature Notes has done a lovely tribute to Arija here.  Arija's Blog is here.

9 comments:

  1. Very sweet! She would be pleased. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much KaHolly.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful photo and words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! I just visited Arija's blog and her story of survival during WW II and then emigrating to Australia is remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Arija was a force of nature. I will miss her so much. She was so kind to me and we emailed for a long time and I found her on facebook. I did not know how ill she was. I hope others read her blog and her story. I am so glad we found each other on our blogs.

      Delete
  4. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Arija but she sounds like a lovely lady. I'm glad you have heard what happened to her. Sometimes we blog and people we follow disappear and we never know what happened. RIP Arija.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean. I found most of my blogging friends on facebook and twitter. Facebook is where we find out when someone is ill or has passed. So many of the bloggers I knew have quit blogging. And many have passed.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for all the kind comments here. I have gone to each of your sites to thank you. I really appreciate how many bloggers come to my site and leave me a nice note!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS