Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Weekend in Paradise


I went to see the hawk today .....




At Roberts Bay the tide was very high and not like it was when I took these pictures. Here a few days ago it was low and had so many beautiful reflections for me.


Today I could not walk all along the beach. The beach was empty and the tide was right up to the houses.



I did not see the little hawk, all I saw was a baby Cooper's Hawk being chase by a crow.


I dreamed of seeing Spunky on a branch like he used to sit.


I dreamed of seeing him fly through the trees like he used to.


I dreamed of seeing Spunky mantle over his food and fight off the eaglet, but no Spunky the hawk today.

I wished I had seen the eaglets on the nest with the mom and dad eagle like I used to see them.  But no eaglets. The nest is quiet and empty.


I did see the mom or dad eagle fly off her tree by the point and disappear into the trees somewhere.


I wondered where the eaglets had gone.  Did they fly so far they never would come back?



The last time I saw the hawk he was way over down the other side of the bay.


A few days ago I saw the eaglet sit on the tree on the point but not today.

So into the sunset I will go with all my memories and love for the little hawk that grew up with the eagles and became a part of my life and my heart.



I must go forward and find other topics but I seem to be missing my little friendly hawk. I probably will go through my pictures and pick out a few more of him and some more video of him. Right now I feel really sad. We will visit the nest a few more times but it is empty. I think I need to rest a bit as I worked very hard on this project and have run out of energy.

I am very happy to  have so many new readers! I usually publish a few times a week but since it is summer I may cut it down a bit. I may spend less time on my Facebook Page so that I can go out in the field and acquire my new photos.

We have found some new nests and new babies and they will be coming up on the next postings. There never will be a story like the hawk in the eagles nest for me. That is once in a life time.

I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also.

Videos:







To my bloggers, I thank you for sticking with me. I will now return to blogging and hope to pop into your sites soon.
Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.  This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
Sky Watch Friday  Thank you to the Sky Watch Team
The Weekend in Black White  Thank you to Dragonstar
Weekend Reflections Thank you to James
Saturday's Critters  Thank you to Eileen


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.






17 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous reflections and sky shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting and beautiful images !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story was in out local paper this week! I thought - I already know about this!!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, love the beautiful sky and reflections. Awesome captures of the hawk and the eagles. What a show! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed that your little hawk made it to the CBC news page and that they spoke of maybe making a film about him. Dr. Bird from MacDonald College (McGill)was out your way. He is very knowledgeable and experienced with raptors.
    It's sad that little hawk is gone but you have your happy memories of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll miss him too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing the low tide and reflections there. I do hope you get to see Spunky again really soon, and the rest of the Eagle family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, Spunky has left. A bit sad, but exactly what he needs to do. I think we'll all miss him. Love the photo of the eaglet in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a happy time. The parents were successful. Life unfolds as it should. Our owlet was killed this spring, so that broke my heart. Not a chance of success there. Momma was so sad. This is an excellent outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All babies grow up. You have many great pictures to keep the memory of these events fresh in your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great series of shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, when our babies grow up we must let them go! Great pictures though, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The story of the hawk being raised by eagles is magical. Thank you for showing us so much of that story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I scour the net to see if there is current updates so THANKYOU for your latest information about the unusal Eagle and hawk family. Wouldnt it be amazing to be able to follow their adventures a little more...especially to see how the little hawk fares in the hunting and mating world ?? Will she/ he even be easily distinguishable from other hawks in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those hawks are magnificent! I really love your photos.. they all look great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS