Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Found Hawk Wrong Hawk


We look and look for the Spunky white hawk every day and then one day I found a hawk but....

He is not the right hawk!
He is a Cooper's hawk and he is wet as he had a bath in my son's pond! He was very friendly and tame and seemed to really enjoy my company and he liked me a lot. I guess I am a hawk whisperer now but not for the right hawk! I am still heart broken that Spunky the hawk took off on us. I have not really recovered from his sudden departure. I am finding it hard to continue on. I did fall in love with a hawk baby!


I did see a very white young Red-tailed hawk being chased by ravens over some fields near Island View Beach the other day but did not have the right lens on my camera so no pictures.


Several years ago my husband took these pictures of young Cooper's Hawks being banded.


These are not Spunky the red-tailed hawk they are Cooper's hawks.




The babies are cute also just like Spunky the hawk was. When I would see a Cooper's hawk I would just check the band and then find out the history of the hawk.


 I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also.
Video Insert Here:




Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:


Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team, Lady Fi
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Melody ABC at the letter "F" for Found the Wrong Hawk.




HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Nora, awesome shots of all the hawks. The babies sure are cute. Great post. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The transformation from chick to hawk is wonderful!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post. Maybe Spunky will come back to you sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course i love the babies

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day 'your hawk' will show up when you are not looking ~ In the meantime ~ you have amazing photos of beautiful hawks and especially like the babies ~ thanks, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous aren't they?

    Have a wonderful ABC=day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc=w=team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/21-f/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the video with all the ruffling feathers. Those chick closeups are awesome,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your entry
    Have a nice ABC week
    Daphne ABCW~team

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope the little guy comes back. I loved watching him being raised by eagles, with their eaglets, but I was always somewhat afraid he might not realize other eagles aren't that friendly.
    Here's to hope for BC's little 'hawkle'.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS